- Ever hear about a thing called 'Light as a Feather'? When I was
wandering around on sabbatical a few years ago, I had time to research things that captured my interest and I uncovered this peculiar
anomaly as I was digging to find out something on the Light as a Feather thing.
- This will absolutely amaze everyone who witnesses it.
- Sit a dining room chair facing West (this is 45o
off of magnetic North) - the smaller the chair the better
- Have the heaviest person in the group sit in the chair. You will need 2 males & 2 females standing girl-boy-girl-boy at the left
knee, left shoulder, right shoulder, right knee (respectively).
- Have the person sitting in the chair stiffen their body - opening out
their arm just a bit.
- Each person extends and puts their two index fingers together side by side
(fists clenched except for the extended index fingers) and attempts to 'lift' the person sitting in the chair by placing the two
fingers under the bend in the knee and armpit (depending upon where you are standing).
- On the count of three everyone lifts (a serious lift - everyone trying)
but you will most likely be unable to budge the person sitting in the chair. Everyone will agree that it's dead weight.
- NOW - the female at the left knee places her right hand on top of
the head of the person sitting in the chair
the male at the left shoulder places his right hand on top of the 1st person's
the female at the right shoulder places her hand on top of the 2nd
the male at the right knee places his right hand on top of the stack of hands.
- Do the same thing with the left hand beginning with the female at the left
knee until everyone in turn has their left hand in the stack (so now you have a hand stack
(right-right-right-right-left-left-left-left) on the head of the person
sitting in the chair). Count to 30 using the 'one thousand one' counting method.
- At the count of 30 everyone quickly (important - the vortex has an
anti-gravity property that doesn't last long - so move fast) removes their hands and puts their index fingers together side by side
(just like before) and attempts
- once again to lift (a serious lift - everyone trying).
- HAVE FUN. We bumped a 350lb guy's head on the ceiling
once. Be careful to avoid ceiling fans and such.
- Also, the person you are lifting will get heavy really fast once
they are in the air. Again, the vortex doesn't
- last long so try to get the person back down without breaking their
tailbone on the chair.